In a survey of 353 IT executives, Computerworld has short-listed skills which are most in-demand for 2012. About 29% of the respondents said that they plan to increase their IT staffing through next summer, up from 23% in 2010 and 20% in 2009.
The surveyed said that the following skills are in demand for 2012:
- Programming and Application Development – 61% of the respondents plan to hire for this skill in 2012, up from 44% in 2010 survey.
- Project Management – 44% plan to hire for project managers in 2012.
- Networking – 35% intend to invest in Networking.
- Business Intelligence – 23% plan to invest in professionals with BI skills, up from 13%
- Security – 17% plan to hire Security professionals
Source: Computerworld's exclusive Forecast 2012 survey, June 2011. Base: 353 IT executive. Full article here: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/358381/9_Hot_Skills_for_2012