A list of the 25 most influential women in UK IT was released by Computer Weekly. The winners were announced at an event in the London Soho Hilton hotel. In a recent survey by Industry employment, it was stated that less than 18% of the IT workforce in the UK is female, and less than 10% of females hold senior positions. This small group of role models are important to the future success and diversity of the tech community which will continue to grow. The following list shows some of the most inspirational women from the Computer Weekly list.
5. Jennifer Rigby, CIO, Department of Energy and Climate Change
4. Kate Craig-Wood, managing director, Memset; Intellect board member
3. Lesley Cowley, CEO, Nominet
2. Dame Wendy Hall, Professor of Computer Science at University of Southampton
1. Jane Moran, global CIO, Thomson Reuters
To see the full list follow this link: http://www.computerweekly.com/news/2240159491/The-most-influential-women-in-UK-IT